1. Our Services
2. What information do we collect?
3. How do we use your information?
4. What are your rights regarding the information about you?
5. Who has access to your information?
6. How do we safeguard your information?
7. How long do we retain your information?
8. Role of Point Tech under data protection laws
10. How to contact us
Point Tech offers candidate insight database that are accessible via our websites and mobile applications. These tools allow you to manage your leads, bring together all of your social media accounts for easy access and management through a single online portal. Through our service, you can gain insight on the candidates to perform sales and marketing to and manage your given candidate data,
You may use our services together with other third-party services. The collection of your information by these third parties is governed by the Third-Party Services’ privacy policies and terms. We recommend you carefully review their privacy policies and terms, as Point Tech is not responsible for Third-Party Services.
Our Services are not intended for use by children and should only be accessed by corporate clients who are at least 18 years old and are using the Services for business purposes.
We collect information about you as reasonably necessary for the following activities:
Using our services
We collect the following information when you use our Services:
• Your contact and profile information including your name, email address, organization name, and address; your preferences such as language. We may also obtain this information if you choose to use a social login service to create or access your account.
• Billing and other payment information (if you sign up for a paid service), including payment method details, such as credit card number.
• The services you have acquired from us, including the type of plan and transaction information related to the services.
• Your social profile information for social networks you choose to connect to the Services.
• A specific location such as an address, a city, or a place (for example, a restaurant) if you choose to share this information.
• Your notes about your company and candidates, and performance status of your given candidate
Logs, usage, and support data:
• Log data, which may include your IP address, the address of the web page you visited before using the services, your browser type and settings, your device information (such as make, model, and OS), the date and time when you used the Services, information about your browser configuration, language preferences, unique identifiers, and cookies.
• Usage data and analytics, which may include the frequency of login, and the different types of activity undertaken by users.
• General Location information, such as IP address and the region in which you are located when you are logging in and using the services.
• Customer support questions, issues, and general feedback that you choose to provide.
Surveys, events, and marketing information
If you choose to participate in our surveys, contests, events, or those in which we are affiliated, or request information from us about our services, we may collect information about you related to the survey, contest, or event; your contact information, such as your name, email address, telephone number, organization name and address; and general information about your organization that you choose to provide, such as annual company revenue, number of employees, and industry.
We may also use service providers to obtain additional business related information about your company such as the organization’s legal name, size, and publicly available revenue, to assist us in offering services that are appropriate to your organization’s needs.
In addition, with some of our specific services such as HyperMarket Targeting, we may collect information on email open and click rates, including whether individuals clicked on links, and which web pages are visited after opening the email.
Browsing our websites
When you browse our websites, we collect information about you as described below, some of which is collected automatically:
• When you request for demo or make an inquiry or other request, we may collect information about you such as your name and email address, your specific request, and information related to your use of our services.
We use your information for the purposes described below:
Providing and securing our services
• We need to identify and authenticate our users to ensure, for example, that only those authorized users are able to use the services for their organization, and to make changes to their accounts.
• We use information that you provide when signing up to set up your account, process payments, contact you regarding the services, and manage your account.
• We use your contact information and information related to your request to respond to your inquiries, manage our contract with you, respond to your questions and requests, and send you updates and information about the services. • We use logging and other data such as general location information—for example, the IP address of your browser or device, to help us manage the performance, security and compliance of the services.
• We analyze usage information, your feedback, support queries, and survey responses to help us understand and make improvements to our services.
Communicating with you
We use your contact information where appropriate to send you information about our services, events and marketing promotions. We also use email statistics, such as open rates, to assess the effectiveness of, and to make improvements to our communications.
Improving our websites and applications
We use information about you to help us understand usage patterns and other activities on our websites and applications so that we can diagnose problems and make improvements, including enhancing usability and security.
When using our services, you may access, update, or correct most of your Account information by logging in to your account to edit your profile or organization record.
If you have requests that cannot be carried out by logging in to your account, such as accessing additional information or deleting information about you, please email us. Please note that we may need to retain certain information about you for as long as you maintain an account for our services, to provide you with our services, for record keeping purposes, for payment processing, to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, or to enforce the applicable terms of service other agreement in place between you (or your organization) and Point Tech (the “Terms of Service”).
Requests to access, correct, or delete your information will be handled within thirty (30) days unless they are unusually extensive or complex, in which case we will advise you of the expected timeline for handling your request. You can contact our customer support team for other general requests about your account via email. Marketing emails, advertising and website browsing For marketing communications, you may opt out of marketing communications sent by Point Tech by contacting our customer support team or by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing email you receive.
Point Tech participates in interest-based advertising (where you may have visited our websites or another website which allows us to display advertising relating to our services).
You may also opt out of the collection of aggregated usage data as described above by contacting our customer support team.
Point Tech does not rent or sell your information. We restrict access to your information to authorized employees and we do not share your information with third parties except in the circumstances explained below.
Employees and Authorized Contractors
Our employees and authorized contractors may need to access information about you when they require this to perform their job. For example, a customer support representative would need access to your account to validate your identity and respond to your question or request; our email communications team would need access to your contact information to ensure this information is sent correctly and any unsubscribe requests are properly managed; and our security staff would need to review information to investigate attempted denial of service attacks, fraudulent account activity, or other attempts to compromise the services.
All our employees and contractors are required to agree to maintain the confidentiality and protect the privacy of your information.
Service Providers and Partners
We will share limited information about you to authorized service providers we use for marketing services, communicating with you, managing our customer database, the provision of professional services, and providing and managing the services (including hosting data centers, securing our Services, and payment processing).
We limit the number of service providers who are permitted to process your content for the purpose of assisting us in delivering the services. Where you have purchased a service from an authorized partner, we may provide information about you to (and may receive information about you from) the partner as necessary to support your use of the service you purchased.
Social Networks and Third-Party Services
Where you are using our services and have chosen to connect a Third-Party Service to access your account, you are agreeing to provide information about you to the Third-Party Services under their respective terms and privacy policies.
Where your employer or an entity has purchased services on your behalf, we may disclose information about you such as your name and email address, and some usage information including whether a user has logged in to the service, frequency of login, time spent using the services to assist your employer or the entity in managing its use and maximizing the value of the services.
Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Professional Advisors
We may need to disclose information about you where we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law or regulation, or if we are otherwise legally required to do so, such as in response to a court order or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands.
In addition, we may be required to disclose information about you if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action: (a) against illegal activities, fraud, situations involving potential threats to our rights or property (or to the rights or property of those who use our Services), or to protect the personal safety of any person; or (b) regarding situations that involve the security of our Services, abuse of the Services infrastructure, or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, or denial of service attacks).
Point Tech maintains industry standard security safeguards to protect your information. This includes ensuring our employees receive appropriate security and privacy training and guidance so they are aware of the measures they need to implement to protect your information.
Access controls are in place to limit access to your information to those who need it to perform their jobs. For example, information about you may be provided to our customer support specialists to help you with your requests. Individuals who are permitted to handle your information must adhere to confidentiality obligations.
We encrypt data where appropriate to ensure that your information is kept private. We undertake vendor security and privacy reviews to ensure that vendors follow our stringent requirements to safeguard your information, and we also enter into data protection agreements with our vendors. All payment information is fully encrypted and handled only by PCI certified organizations.
We retain your information only as long as required to provide the services requested by you, for record keeping purposes, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce the terms for the services.
After it is no longer necessary for us to retain information about you, we will dispose of it in a secure manner or anonymize the information.
Depending on the situation and the type of data involved, Point Tech may act as a data controller or a data processor.
Point Tech as a data controller
Point Tech acts as a data controller when we are:
• Collecting information from you to set up and administer your Point Tech account (for example, Account information such as your name and email address);
• Monitoring usage information on our website;
• Managing your contact and other related information to send marketing, Services, and other communications to you;
• Responding to a support or general inquiry; and
Legal bases for processing when Point Tech is a data controller
The legal bases for processing information about you include:
• Your consent (for example, when you have provided your information to sign up for an account) Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
• It is necessary to perform a contract (for example, we may need your information to fulfill our obligations of providing services to you under the terms relevant to the services you have acquired).
• Legitimate interest (for example, to provide and maintain the services to you, to maintain the security of the services, and to attract new customers to maintain demand for the services.
Your rights when Point Tech is a data controller Where Point Tech is acting as a data controller, you may have the following rights:
• Right to object to processing: you may request that Point Tech stops processing information about you (for example, to stop sending you marketing communications).
• Right to restrict processing: you may request that we restrict processing information about you (for example, where you believe that this information is inaccurate
• Right to data portability: you may request that we provide you with information Point Tech has about you in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format, and you may request that we transfer this information to another data controller.
If you would like assistance on any of the above requests, please email our customer support team with details of your request so that we may consider how we can help you.
Point Tech as a data processor
Where you are using our services and making decisions about the personal data that is being processed in the services, you are acting as a data controller and Point Tech is acting as a data processor.
As a data processor, Point Tech will only access and process your data to provide you with the services in accordance with your instructions (which you provide through the services), the Terms of Service and applicable laws. As part of delivering the services, we may process to further improve the services, such as enhancing usability and developing new features.
If you, as a data controller, require us to agree to data protection requirements under relevant protection laws, Point Tech makes available a data processing addendum that meets these requirements. Please email your customer details (organization name and plan information) with your request to our customer support team.
If you are using the services as an authorized user of a Point Tech customer (whether that customer is your employer, another organization, or an individual), that customer determines its own policies (if any) regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, sharing, and retention of personal information and content, which may apply to your use of the services. Please check with that customer about the policies and settings it has in place.
If you have any questions, concerns or feedback, please email our customer support team via email@example.com.